Thursday 25 August 2016

The Tui Aria

                                           The Tui Aria

Okay so I haven't been back to visit my blog for quite awhile...like about two years!!!! I think I lost the plot on many levels. My post was supposed to be a short description of Miss Pohutukawa...but it launched almost all by its self into a really ridiculous story that I felt the urge to write, but realised afterwards it was a pile of pooh!!!And then I got shy about writing my blog and ran away back into my daily life and stuck to painting and running my shoppe.
  So moving right a long I have since closed my shoppe back in March of this year. A good idea me thinks as I wasn't making any money and the sanctuary of my neglected studio at home was calling me. It is such bliss to roll out of bed knowing how lucky I am to indulge in my passion which is to create artworks. I usually get up about 8am as I am lazy in nature and nothing is as more luxurious than making a cup of tea and going back to the warmth and comfort of a rumpled bed. Here Ruby my gorgeous hairy canine friend nestles down under the sheets and I peruse my emails, art books, poetry,  magazines and indeed anything that starts the creative engine racing. By 10am I am out for my walk with Ruby. Usually we do the coast walk, observing nature. The harbour is always different. The sea can be as smooth as silk and silvery in Winter or boiling with almost black waves crested with white wings. The wind blows like a ferocious pouncing beast or the air is so still you can melt into a wonderful sense of peace.
  This particular morning I had been out for one of my walks with Ruby and after a night of gales and rain the morning recovered and was breathing calmly. The wind had dropped to just a hush and droplets of rain clung to leaves and gutters. The world was all washed clean and sparkling. We took the path that takes us past the park where my favourite Oak tree stands. As we passed I suddenly noticed high up on the most tallest branches that a Tui bird had perched. And seemingly as if to acknowledge that we had stood still to view it, the glorious dark green bird launched into a beautiful Aria. I felt the bird was singing just for me and I felt like the luckiest person alive. 
  The painting above is my record of this occasion. Beauty can be found and heard even in the darkest and deepest of winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment